2009-01-12

Placido Domingo to Dazzle Korean Fans

(Photo/Credia)
This guy is like Christmas: he really spreads the happy virus around. I loved asking him questions!

He inspired 101 curtain calls lasting 75 minutes in Vienna and a 300-kilogram statue in Mexico City. It is Placido Domingo, and he is back in Korea.

``Every morning, I wake up and it's a great feeling to know I can still sing,'' said the maestro about the prospects of retiring in a press meeting held at the Grand Intercontinental Hotel, Monday. He has no concrete plans to retire, though it ``certainly is closer.''

``The thing I can guarantee is I won't make the mistake of singing one more day than I could, or singing one day less than I could,'' he said. He also plans to remain a tenor until the end, even though he has assumed baritone opera roles

Domingo turns 68 on Jan. 21 and celebrates the 40th anniversary of his debut March 15. The latter coincides with the 105th anniversary of the NY Met -- double celebrations for him!. >>More

No comments: